To encourage and facilitate cooperation between the Community and Canada in fields of common interest where the Parties are supporting research and development activities to advance science and/or technology relevant to those fields of interest.
The preamble to this agreement, guided by obvious reasons of cooperation, refers to the 1976 Framework Agreement and to the objectives of the 1990 Declaration.
The main areas of cooperation (not exhaustive) are:
1. agriculture, including fisheries;
2. medical and health research;
3. non-nuclear energy;
4. environment, including earth observation;
6. information technologies;
7. communication technologies;
8. telematics for economic and social development;
9. mineral processing.
Amended by the Agreement amending the Agreement for Scientific and Technological Cooperation between the European Community and Canada (OJ L156 of 23/06/1999, p.24).Resources